Please take advantage of our knowledge of accessibility! We offer a lot of information, so please take a quick look at this map !
Why is Game Accessibility Important?– There are a variety of reasons to improve the accessibility of games. Some are related to the user’s quality of life, while others are more important to the publishers and developers of games.
IGDA GA SIG Top 10 – Our top 10 tips for making accessible games (Updated!).
How to Provide Accessibility in Games – A list of various ways to make games more accessible for everyone.
- On Visual Disabilities – Information on the visual disabilities, their effects on gaming, and how to address them in games.
- On Cognitive Disabilities – Information on the cognitive disabilities, their effects on gaming, and how to address them in games.
- On Mobility Disabilities – Information on the mobility disabilities, their effects on gaming, and how to address them in games.
- On Auditory Disabilities – Information on the auditory disabilities, their effects on gaming, and how to address them in games.
How many need accessibility? – Information from census data about the number of Americans with disabilities, as well as some European data
Original GA SIG White Paper – The Original SIG White Paper, with information on those with disabilities, accessibility solutions, success cases in games, and additional information
Additional Information – Additional information from SIG members or other accessibility experts.
- Film Victoria accessibility guidance– Information for Film Victoria funding applicants, covering background information and specific guidance for each feature.
- Accessibility Overview Poster– Posted used by the IGDA GA SIG for a quick recap of accessibility
- Research Articles Collection- Links to the CiteULike Game Accessibility Articles
- Section 508 Article – The following paper is a draft summary of issues related to Section 508 compliance capabilities of games and game technology.
- User Interface Accommodations – An article written to show main stream producers that accessibility can be profitable.
- Game Accessibility Overview Poster – A quick way to identify areas to take into consideration for accessible titles, their effects on gaming, and solutions.
- The Human Controller: Usability and Accessibility in Video Game Interfaces –
A MIT Computer Science Masters Thesis by Eitan Glinert, Firehose Games