Welcome to the IGDA Game Accessibility SIG Page!
Who are we:
- We’re a special interest group with in the International Game Developer’s Association with a passion for game accessibility and we mean to make video games playable for everyone and take special considerations for gamers with disabilities of any sort.
Our Mission Statement:
- “Computer and console games are an important cultural and quality of life issue. By collaborating with the rest of the game development community the GA-SIG intends to develop methods of making all game genres universally accessible to all, regardless of disability. In order to do this we will promote education of game developers in accessibility design, tax incentives for accessible game developers, corporate sponsorship and accessibility ratings.”
What do we do:
- Work together as a community to make great games accessible.
- Develop accessibility methods and share this knowledge within the community.
- Define the needs raised by different disabilities and game genres.
- Push the current game technology to its limits from an accessibility perspective.
- Learn from accessibility design in other areas, like the Web Accessibility Initiative at W3C.
- Develop a “road map” to what accessibility designs are possible today and in the future.
- Educate students and developers alike on what they can do to make a difference.
- Develop the above goals further together.
What can we do for you:
- We’re your resource. Please take the time to become a member, look at our information on accessibility, browse our forums, and join the email list.
- See where we’re going to be.
- Contact us. Find us at a local IGDA chapter.
- You tell us. What can we do to help you?