IGDA-GASIG and Microsoft are pleased to announce a $5,000 USD scholarship towards university tuition costs, aimed at supporting the entry of developers with disabilities into the games industry.
The scholarship will be awarded to one student who is enrolled or accepted at an accredited university in the USA or Canada for the 2017-2018 academic year, with payment made directly to the school, for use towards tuition costs only.
Applications (including submission of GPA & enrolment proofs) are open until June 1st 2017, following which the recipient will be contacted by email by June 30th, and announced publicly on July 3rd.
- A high school senior or undergraduate student accepted at or currently enrolled at an accredited university in the U.S or Canada
- Academic Performance
- High School Students: 3.2 or Higher Cumulative GPA
- College Students: 3.0 Higher Cumulative GPA
- Enrolled full-time in or accepted as a full-time student at an accredited university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2017-2018 academic year
- Self-identifies as an avid video game player and as having a long-term or recurring health issue that significantly impacts one or more daily activities
Application is through a short online form. The form asks for contact information, details of GPA and university enrolment (proof of both must be emailed to email@example.com before June 1st 2017), and answers to three short essay questions.